Thursday, February 12, 2009

Not too good at this...

It has come to my attention that I am not very good at updating and keeping a blog. What gave it away? Well, 2 things. 1. I could not remember my password and 2. My last entry was in June of 2008. Either nothing has happened since then or I am just the world's worst blogger! I think it is more of the 2nd part.

To catch you up a little bit. September 18, 2008 my bro and sis-in-law had another beautiful baby girl, Allison Paige Bitter. Emily has done beautifully as a big sister and is so much fun to watch as she is the hovercraft! In October I traveled to Belize to help with a conference for the Light of the Valley church and was so blessed by my time with the women. Belize is gorgeous... even during a monsoon.

Finally, to top off 2008, I joined a team of 7 from my church and our adopted member from Cali to Egypt. We traveled there to help with a festival that was taking place at Wadi Sports Camp. My life will never be the same. God touched my heart in a way that I had never experienced and my love for the Egyptians and Muslims has impacted my world in a huge way. I will be posting a letter I wrote after I returned home from my trip. I know it is a little long, but it will explain my growing passion for this place.

2009 started with a bang... or a stomach virus! Yuck! But, thankfully things are rolling now. Today we booked my flight to Egypt. I will be returning to work with the Sports Ministry on June 8 and will stay until August 17. My first reaction is utter fear. I have NO IDEA what God has on the other side of this mountain and all I know is that my time there will be the most amazing experience ever and the most difficult. I know that God has called me to this and I know He can be trusted.

My purpose in starting the blog again is to keep you posted on what God is teaching me through this time and where this journey leads. I hope you will join me!

1 comment:

Julie Adams Gray said...

Thank you for updating. You really need to write about your experiences because one day you will really enjoy reading it!!! I miss you so much and I am so proud to call you one of my BFFS :). Love Love.

ALICT 2009

ALICT 2009
27 students... 24 nations... 3 months in South Africa

Quote

Closing Ceremony

Closing Ceremony
The Joy is in the Journey

Quote

Laughter

Laughter
It's just juice

Quote