Monday, February 16, 2009

There is something so special about being an aunt. For those of you that have nieces and/ or nephews, you know exactly what I am talking about. The joy of watching your brother or sister become a parent. Watching the little ones discover new things every day! Enjoying play time or dance parties. Making valentines for Emily's party. And so much more! Last Thursday night as I was taking Emily home, she wanted to listen to the song about Jesus' eyes... (Brandon Heath's song "Give Me Your Eyes"). This is one of her favorites on the ipod and we usually listen to it over and over and over again. As we drove, I listened to her sing about wanting to see the world through the eyes of Jesus. She knows every word to the song. My prayer is that as she grows, this will be her desire... to seek the Lord and to share Him with others.

This Valentine's day will be one I will never forget! Not because my non-existent man took me to a fancy dinner or brought me flowers, but because my little sister, Kathryn and her husband, Luke, announced that they are prego! Such joy! We were all sitting in the living room as Emily opened a present from them... a shirt that said "Future Cousin." My first thought was: Dang it! I have already booked my flight to Egypt. Then Kathryn made me feel better when she told us she is due in October. Whew! I will be home in August. We are all very excited about this new little one joining the family. Some of my favorite childhood memories are from playing with my cousins. Family is such a blessing!

So... for now... Aunt Rachel is going to soak up all the time I can with Emmy and Alli before June and will be browsing baby departments for Baby Bilberry... I am praying for a boy or twins! haha!

No comments:

ALICT 2009

ALICT 2009
27 students... 24 nations... 3 months in South Africa

Quote

Closing Ceremony

Closing Ceremony
The Joy is in the Journey

Quote

Laughter

Laughter
It's just juice

Quote