Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Forgive

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32
More than likely, you have experienced some type of hurt recently that has been hard to release. Last night I was reminded of a hurt in my life that I just have not been able to completely turn over to God. I say that I have forgiven this person, but at times I am reminded of the hurt and pain and everything comes back. As it came to mind last night, so did this verse.
I am called to forgive not because this person asked for forgiveness or because they deserve it, but because God forgave me. It just so happens that a devotion I read this morning was about hurt and how we deal with it. The author wrote that "it takes two to cause conflict and only one to forgive." My heart is lighter as I learn to forgive those who have wronged my, ask forgiveness when I have wronged someone else, and accept God's forgiveness for the sin in my life.
I invite you to do the same today, even if the person who hurt you has not recognized what he or she has done in your life. I also invite you to seek those you have wronged and ask forgiveness. This life is about love and if we are walking in anger, hurt and bitterness, love will not shine through. His Love allowed us to be forgiven through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

ALICT 2009

ALICT 2009
27 students... 24 nations... 3 months in South Africa

Quote

Closing Ceremony

Closing Ceremony
The Joy is in the Journey

Quote

Laughter

Laughter
It's just juice

Quote