Friday, March 14, 2008

Remember

Remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, having no hope and without God in the world. Ephesians 2:12

I do not know about you but I never want to lose sight of the emptiness I experienced before I became a follower of Jesus Christ. When I forget who I was, I forget the incredible power of His Saving Grace. I forget that I once walked through each day with no purpose, no hope and no peace. I forget that in a world of darkness, violence, hatred, and sin, that God still reigns.

While I do not think this verse is saying to dwell on our past and hold on to everything we once believed, I do think it is saying to simply remember. When we remember who we once were without Jesus as our Savior and Lord, we remember what it is like to be lost in this world.

Most of us are surrounded by people who have not experienced the extravagant grace of Jesus Christ. They walk through each day with a lack of purpose, a lack of hope and a lack of peace just like each of us once did. If we forget the power of God in our life, it is easy to forget what it is like for them. As we remember, we are able to relate to those around us that are missing out on the greatest relationship ever. As we remember, we are able to relate the change in our lives to them in a way that is meaningful.

I pray that you and I always remember who we once were, give God the praise and thanks for saving us, and share new life with those around us.

No comments:

ALICT 2009

ALICT 2009
27 students... 24 nations... 3 months in South Africa

Quote

Closing Ceremony

Closing Ceremony
The Joy is in the Journey

Quote

Laughter

Laughter
It's just juice

Quote