Saturday, November 27, 2010

Waiting on my camera...

It is hard to get motivated to post when my camera still has not arrived in the mail. I think it will be here Monday! Well, we are into our second week in the Adventures of Granny & Rachel!

Here are some things that stand out in my mind after this first few days together:

1. I have made approximately 267 U-turns in my first few days of living here. Nevermind that I should know my way around after years of coming here for the summer.

2. Maps give me anxiety.

3. Oversleeping when you are in charge of feeding someone else is not good.

4. After 8 pm... I pour a cup of coffee or diet coke, turn on the Hallmark channel and get into a crafting zone. I have to force myself to go to bed at midnight.

5. Hearing aides are also referred to as earrings. Makes me smile.

6. Target & Starbucks just go together.

7. Being close to cousins has already proved to be a blast!

8. Yes, it is hard. But, YES it is a blessing to be here. God is showing me every minute of every day what it means to love and serve with His strength and not my own.

9. My meal schedule is now breakfast at 8 am, lunch at noon and dinner at 5:30.

10. I have made my bed for the most consecutive days EVER in my life. Granny likes her beds made.

11. I love chatting with my family on Skype and I am glad we are in the same time zone.

I am sure there is so much more but these are the things that stood out in my mind the strongest. Get ready... the camera will be here soon!

1 comment:

Julie Adams Gray said...

You are having way too much fun. I need you to come make me a few of those ornaments! Praise Jesus for Skype (I've never used it though!)... Glad you and Granny are living it up. Have a wonderful Christmas season. PS. I need your new address!!!

ALICT 2009

ALICT 2009
27 students... 24 nations... 3 months in South Africa

Quote

Closing Ceremony

Closing Ceremony
The Joy is in the Journey

Quote

Laughter

Laughter
It's just juice

Quote