Monday, December 13, 2010

Gamma

I absolutely love to watch my nieces play with my mom and they absolutely adore "Gamma." From the time Emily, the first in the family, was born, she has been head over heals in love! She works very, very long days and then spends time with one, two or all three of her granddaughters every chance she gets.

I love the way she lets the girls explore... even if it is messy.

I love that even when she has a million other things to do, she simply plays.

I love that she lets the girls bake and pour an entire container of sprinkles on three cookies.

I love that her house has become their play zone.

I love that she encourages their imagination.

Tonight I skyped with my mom as she was watching Emily and Allison. Emily was decorating a pink foam tree with fun art supplies while Alli was running around with green cookie dough on her hands. At one point, mom had to check on Alli in the bathroom because she heard the water come on full blast. All I could do was laugh.

Yes, the house ends up being a disaster and yes, there are probably new stains in the carpet after tonight. But, if there is one thing that is true, the girls had a blast playing at Gamma's house tonight.

Gamma, you are loved.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I think that is a true McAfee trait. My mom was the same way with Sophia. I love reading your posts and I think this one is one of my favorites, not because it brings tears to my eyes thinking of my mom, but because I know how much your mom loves all three of those little girls and how blessed they are to have her in their lives.

ALICT 2009

ALICT 2009
27 students... 24 nations... 3 months in South Africa

Quote

Closing Ceremony

Closing Ceremony
The Joy is in the Journey

Quote

Laughter

Laughter
It's just juice

Quote