Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sometimes she approves

Sometimes she doesn't.

Granny approves of outings during the day,

Starbucks coffee & sugar cookies,
hanging with Beth during her lunch break at Barnes & Noble,


chili smothered in cheese,
and "baked" apples* with vanilla ice cream.


However, she does not approve of me calling her Granny. I learned this while walking around at the mall on Friday. I called her Granny in front of another lady on the elevator. As soon as the woman was away, she looked at me and said, "please do not call me Granny again."
My heart sank. I love calling her Granny. When I told her this she decided it would be okay.
It has actually become a joke around the house. If she says something wrong or does something that she thinks will bother me, she calls herself Granny and just giggles.
*For a sweet treat- peel and cut up a Granny Smith apple or two. Put apples in a bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar (or splenda) and microwave for 3 minutes. If you want an extra treat, add ice cream.
Sorry about no spacing. Blogger is not being my friend.

No comments:

ALICT 2009

ALICT 2009
27 students... 24 nations... 3 months in South Africa

Quote

Closing Ceremony

Closing Ceremony
The Joy is in the Journey

Quote

Laughter

Laughter
It's just juice

Quote