Friday, December 3, 2010

Mr. Godiva

On our outing to the mall today, Grandma was craving some chocolate so we decided to stop into Godiva. Initially, she said just to get one and that she would split whatever I wanted. I had to inform her that I would NOT be sharing my truffle and that she would have to eat her own.

She decided on the carrot cake truffle and I still could not decide what I wanted. That is where Mr. Godiva entered the picture. He was giving advice on which one I should get. I was not sold on the ones he mentioned and decided to go with the Coconut truffle.

"Oh, that one," responded Mr. Godiva.

As you can imagine my mind was filled with doubt now. How could I get the coconut truffle when this was his response. I was so confused by this point and gave Mr. Godiva a hard time for creating such doubt in my mind. He laughed and very kindly decided to give me the Chocolate Lava Truffle AND the Coconut Truffle.

I was thrilled, of course and quite taken back by his generosity. He then decided to throw in two other pieces of candy just to be nice. Our total is now 5 pieces of candy.

Walking over to the register, I asked him not to announce the total too loudly. Grandma would croak. The grand total: $3.06.
Thank you, Mr. Godiva. You do not know how much your generosity and kindness made my day.

I know what you are thinking now... there are only 3 there. Well, Grandma ate one on the way home and I gave one to William, the crossing guard for the school that is located across the street.

Now... all I need is some coffee.

No comments:

ALICT 2009

ALICT 2009
27 students... 24 nations... 3 months in South Africa

Quote

Closing Ceremony

Closing Ceremony
The Joy is in the Journey

Quote

Laughter

Laughter
It's just juice

Quote