Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mama said there'd be days like this...

I woke up very excited about this morning. I had planned to work from home and cheer on the USA with my family. What I did not plan for was a very high stress game and some unforseen things that are just the nature of any job. So, rather than whine about my day and all of my frustrations, I thought I would share a few of the things I learned.

1. These are two of the most precious people I know. They can make any day a good day; no matter what has happened. We had a great time cheering on the USA this morning against Algeria.

2. If you cannot find the right team jersey to wear, it is okay to wear a different one as long as they do not like the team you are playing. I figured wearing my Egyptian jersey would be perfect considering all of Egypt should have been rooting for the USA and NOT Algeria.



3. From now on computers are not allowed to be open during any major sporting event. With just a few minutes left in the game (and we had paused so we were behind), my sister and brother-in-law both got on their computers and then had HUGE grins. They have been excommunicated from the family and banned from any future matches.



4. When printing business cards, it is HIGHLY CRUCIAL to have someone proof and reproof just to make sure all numbers are correct. It was brought to my attention today that I had flipped two numbers making the number completely wrong. At least I did not order that many. The sad thing is that I have had them over a year.



5. There is a reason that Scripture speaks over and over again about wisdom. I am so grateful for our Women's Minister, my mentor & boss, Linda Lesniewski. Today I sought wise counsel from her numerous times and am so grateful that I did. She allowed me to see the bigger picture and to talk through situations that I needed help resolving. Without seeking wise counsel from her, I would have made a fool of myself in one situation and not known what to do on another. I pray that you have someone in your life that you are able to go to for wisdom.



6. I am completely fine with dancing around the house and acting like a complete fool if it means I get to listen to Maddie Kate giggle.



7. The beauty of it all... tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

ALICT 2009

ALICT 2009
27 students... 24 nations... 3 months in South Africa

Quote

Closing Ceremony

Closing Ceremony
The Joy is in the Journey

Quote

Laughter

Laughter
It's just juice

Quote