Thursday, June 24, 2010

A New Favorite in Town

Following my recent trip to Houston, I now have a major addiction to frozen yogurt and was thrilled to hear that we have a new yogurt place in town. I was picking up the girls for the evening and we have a tradition that when I get them from school we go get ice cream. So, this was the PERFECT time to try The Orange Leaf.

Emily has always loved oreo blizzards so that was the first thing she was asking for! However, she also found a new favorite: vanilla yogurt with oreos and fruity pebbles. It is hard to believe that she will be in Kindergarten this year!

After a couple of times of Ashleigh joining us for ice cream, the girls automatically think she will be coming with us. The minute I picked them up, they started asking about her. Luckily, she was able to come along for the fun! It was so cute to listen to Alli say her name.

I love being an aunt. I love watching them learn new things. I love how Alli screams a high-pitched squeal in excitement when she sees me at her classroom door. I love that Emily still likes to sit on my lap. I love watching them together and imagining what Kathryn and I must have been like at this age.

Alli was so ready for her ice cream that she was eating it before it was weighed. She was definitely entertaining everyone there.




Emily loves taking pictures. I love making faces. This is what happens when you combine the two.
Yes, Alli is sitting on the table. Yes, Ashleigh is spinning the table. This is what makes it so fun that I am not their mommy. I just laughed. A mom would have to tell them to stop. I think I told them once, but Alli was having so much fun.


I love these girls more than I will ever be able to describe in words. I am thankful for every minute I get to spend with them, every giggle I hear, every discovery I watch them discover.


Now that we have a yogurt place, I wonder when Cafe Metry will come to town...

2 comments:

Pleasant Living said...

First, I would like to congratulate you on the consistency with which you are posting! :) Second, you are the very best aunt that these girls could ever imagine. How special to have a godly woman to whom they will always aspire to be like! Blessings, dear friend!

Kristina said...

I love fro yo and am super psyched that we have one! Although, I'd rather eat Emily's creation that yours. :) I just can't pass up those Fruity Pebbles in my yogurt!

ALICT 2009

ALICT 2009
27 students... 24 nations... 3 months in South Africa

Quote

Closing Ceremony

Closing Ceremony
The Joy is in the Journey

Quote

Laughter

Laughter
It's just juice

Quote